June 24, 2011

Challenge 11 - June 24th My Favourite Things

Hi! Chris here. This is my first week to host the Stamping for the Weekend challenge and have I got a great one for your stamping pleasure. You'll have no excuses for missing this one.

Before I get to the challenge let's see the winner and top 3 from our last challenge. It's very difficult to pick just three, you guys are all so talented that you should all be in the top 3 but even with the new math I can't make that work so in no particular order at all here are my three favorites.
Andrea W #34
Sharon #33
Artesania #48

If you have a chance pop on over and leave them some love, you know how much you like to get comments. The winner chosen at random is

45. Brigitte

Congratulations...please email us at the address on the side bar to claim your prize.


And now onto this week's challenge...

Our challenge is "My Favorite Things". You pick the theme, the colors and the sketch whatever you'd like just tell us what your favorite things are.

You all must know the Julie Andrew's song from "the Sound of Music" that goes "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..." . Now that you've got the tune in your head why not learn the crafter's version it goes like this:







Dew drops on card stock and glue dots on chip board
Bright patterned papers and embossing folders
Kraft paper panels dressed up with bling
These are a few of my favorite things.


Use your very favorite things in your creations





Prize - SFTW Candy Box














Joanne
My Favourite Things... Ummm, well I think this card covers the necessities...











Kate
Favourite things: DPs, kraft card blanks, CC's oh my words, MS punch, stickles, glitter thread, ribbon, gems and buttons.








Karen 







my favorite things - pastels, lace border punches, Kort and Godt pearls, flowers and birds and of course Tim Holtz







My Favourite things: Stickles glitter glue, Gel Pen for border, Faux brads, Die Cuts and Copics, Prisma and Polychromo pencils.







My favourite things: the colour combination brown and cream, TH dies, vintage paper flowers





Chris V

My favorite things are paper piecing, die-cuts, bling, baker's twine and charms.







Suzie




My favorite things are these gorgeous colours, butterflies, bunting and pearls - yummy girliness !




Jan




My Favorite things...Tilda...Pastel Colours ..Gingham DP's...WOC Flowers...favorite MS border and corner punch..Stickles and of course loads of pearls and bling...






Gemma










Favourite things: Butterflies and glitter















My favorite thing are: Pearls, Glitter, Lace, Ribbon, Flowers, Pins, polkadots, light color pink with maroon!






Rebekah
My Faves - Pink & Green colour combo, Hanglars, Flowers, Butterflies and cheesecloth.
















Some of my favorite things: Flowers, beads, gems, charms, pretty girly images.





Gunn







My favorite things are TH dies and papers, copics and great images for coloring.





Well I hope that we have given you some inspiration and that you will join us and show us your favourite things
hugs
Chris






14 comments:

  1. Amazing DT work! and thank you for such a lovely challenge. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby projects! Love seeing what things you all love.

    I enjoyed this one...alot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely verse ;-)
    I have had that song in my head for months - I recently took a photo of raindrops on roses, so ofcourse had to include a photo of whiskers on kittens ;-) http://cathy-cathyscamera.blogspot.com/2011/03/after-rains.html
    I will try to make up a card especially for this challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic DT work thanks for the great challenge Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. nooo.. now i am going to have that songe stuck in my head all day... its a fantastic songs and i don't mind...i saw the title and immediatiely starting humming it.. how funny is that.. and i love your rendition of it. too cute... -anne-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thank you girls. Gorgeous DT work. My favorite things are Magnolia stamps and Pretty papers. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to lady luck for picking me!!! I'm so excited, love your challenges!!!
    Brigitte
    brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really amazing DT creations.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a fun challenge! Gorgeous DT work!
    my favorites are kraft cardstock, bingo cards & twine!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What could be better than a challenge using our favourite things?! Thanks for the lovely inspiration too, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow glad I found your challenge blog, great DT creations.
    All my favourite things together on my card.. Purple/Mauve, Flowers/handmade today. One of my favourite images and Love this cricut Flourish. xx Mau

    ReplyDelete
  12. sometimes i try to step OUT of my comfort zone, but i always like it when a challenge throws me right INTO it, because i absolutely loved making this one. thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great challenge theme - getting to use my favorite things - thanks for the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow totally gorgeous creations and lots of my fave things too in there... you do realise I'll be singing that song all day now! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete

We truly appreciate any comments you leave for the challenge blog. Thank you from all of us here at Stampin for the Weekend.